Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Welcome to First Grade!

 Hello 1st grade families!


I am so glad you found me here at weareowls.net!
 Each week, I will post an update about our class right here on this blog.  You can have this weekly update emailed to you by subscribing to the blog. Here are the directions on how to do that:

 1.  Enter your email in the box under the heading "Follow By Email".  It is in the right hand column of the blog. 

2.  After you sign up there, you will be sent an email that will require you to confirm your subscription.  Sometimes it goes to your junk email, so check there if you don't see it in your inbox. Find that email.

3.Once you've found that email, click the link in the body of the email that will confirm your subscription.  Once you've done that, you will automatically be sent all of my blog posts via your email.  I hope you will subscribe!  

 This is my 25th year of teaching, and it will be a most memorable year, I'm quite certain of that!  We are embarking on a grand adventure together.  It will be filled with challenge,  success, frustration, fun, mistakes, and engagement. I am looking forward to spending this adventure with your children.  We will hold on tight to each other while we ride this rollercoaster!


If you ever need to contact me with questions/concerns, anything at all, you can reach me via email or phone.  I check my email throughout the day. I will not likely answer the phone during learning time, but you can certainly leave a message. 

bissonnette.jennifer@westada.org
Phone:  208-350-4410


Here are a few announcements for this week...

*Thursday, when you come to school for device pick-up, I will have a remote learning handbook for you that will answer many of your questions about distance learning. Once we get in the "yellow" zone, and we begin the hybrid schedule, I will send home more information that is relevant to in-class learning. I don't want to overwhelm you with too much information. So for now, we will focus on remote learning. I am giving you the school supply list (see link below), but PLEASE DO NOT BRING SCHOOL SUPPLIES Thursday night. We will worry about that once we get in the yellow zone.



*There will be a parent homework assignment given to you on Thursday, but you can also click the link below if you want to view it now.  It is due back to me by Monday, September 14th.  You can send it to me via an email attachment!